Visit San Antonio: Destination Sales & Experience, October 2021
October Groups Recap
In October, the Destination Experience team provided support to 16 groups convening in San Antonio. Destination Experience Managers coordinated and led three planning site visits during the month for groups who will meet in San Antonio in 2021 and 2022.
Representatives from Destination Experience were present to promote San Antonio at the following 2022/2023 prior year meetings:
- Texas Municipal League – Held October 5-8, 2021 | Definite for San Antonio | October 4-7, 2022 | Peak: 2,500 | Attendance: 4,000
- Advisor Group – Held October 17-20, 2021 | Definite for San Antonio November 1-5, 2022 | Peak: 4,000 | Attendance: 5,000
- American Society for Radiation Oncology – Held October 23-27, 2021 | Definite for San Antonio October 21-28, 2022 | Peak: 8,500 | Attendance: 13,000
Upcoming November Large Groups (500+ Peak):
- Access Intelligence | 2021 Clean Gulf | November 16-18, 2021 | Peak: 595 | Attendance: 1,000
- American Academy of Religion and Society of Biblical Literature | 2021 Annual Meetings | November 20-23, 2021 | Peak: 4,800 | Attendance: 6,000
- International Association of Fairs and Expositions | 2021 Annual Convention & Trade Show | November 29 – December 1, 2021 | Peak: 2,087 | Attendance: 5,000
The Access Intelligence Experience POWER conference took place in San Antonio October 18-21, 2021 and was co-located with the Distributed Energy and HydrogeNEXT conferences. Experience POWER recognized leading innovators in the power generation industry and featured new activations, education, enhanced networking and opportunities to connect power generation providers with the most current and proven solutions. Attendees also had the opportunity to see real-world technology at the Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) campus with a tour of the Supercritical Transformational Electric Power project known as STEP Demo. Experience POWER’s sister conference Clean Gulf will take place in San Antonio November 16-18, 2021.
Visit San Antonio making a difference
In September, VSA learned of an attendee with Vacation Rental Management Association (VRMA) that was adamantly opposed to recent Texas legislation and was cancelling her attendance at the VRMA conference. With swift action by CEO, Marc Anderson, he was able to explain that SA does not discriminate against anyone and provided a heartfelt case on why her attendance and the attendance of other VRMA members were vital to the livelihood of our hospitality and tourism industry and the impact that the VRMA makes on our local economy.
Thanks to Marc’s personal contact with this attendee, she attended the VRMA conference and emailed to say how much she was enjoying the sites and people of San Antonio. It is true that you can make a difference one person at a time!
Convention Leads – 2021 YTD
Convention Sales Event Production – 2021 YTD
Long-term Convention Pace
Sales Travel/Partnership Opportunities
- IMEX America – November 9-11, Las Vegas, NV
- IAEE Expo Expo – December 7-9, Philadelphia, PA
- Tamale Lifts:
- Dallas – December 1
- Austin – December 3
- Houston – December 13-14
To see additional opportunities to partner with Visit San Antonio please go to our Partners’ website.