Visit San Antonio: Destination Sales & Experience, May 2022
May Group Recap:
This month Destination Experience Team provided support to eighteen (18) groups convening in San Antonio who represented approximately 15,258 attendees and over 30,149 total room nights. The Destination Experience Managers coordinated and led twelve (12) planning site visits during the month for groups who will meet in San Antonio between 2022 and 2023.
A representative from Destination Experience was present to promote San Antonio at the Tyler Tech Connect User Conference in Indy this month. This large high profile citywide group will return to the Alamo city May 7-10, 2023 (Peak: 4400 | Attendance: 6000).
Upcoming June Citywide Groups (1,000+ Peak):
- Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (June 3-6, 2022)
- American Water Works Association (June 12-15, 2022)
- Texas Association of School Boards (June 15-18, 2022)
- Walden University Summer Commencement (June 23-26, 2022)
- Solution Tree (June 28-30, 2022)
- Church of God Ministries (June 30-July 2, 2022)
American Clean Power Association held their annual convention in San Antonio May 16-18, 2022. This year’s conference broke attendance records for the annual CleanPower meeting with over 7,000 in attendance! Attendees were given the opportunity to give back to the local community and contribute to the future of clean energy leaders by donating the Boys and Girls Club of San Antonio. Attendees donated over $12,000 to support the area clubs’ STEM programs. Students enjoyed a special field trip to the convention center where they interacted with many professionals in their expo hall booths and watched CEO, Ada Saenz, present to conference attendees about their mission, while they received the donation on stage in San Antonio.
Convention Leads – 2022 FYTD
Convention Sales Event Production – 2021 YTD
Long-term Convention Pace
Sales Travel/Partnership Opportunities
April 2022 – the Visit San Antonio Destination Sales team participated in the following events:
- Customer Advisory Board – April 6-8, San Antonio
- SimpleView Summit – April 10-13, Phoenix, AZ
- Cvent Connect – April 11-14, Las Vegas, NV
- Transforming Leaders Event – April 19, Austin, TX
May 2022 – participated in the following events:
- Smart Meetings 3-Day Experience – May 1-3, Miami, FL
- Washington DC Sales Mission – May 2-6, Washington, DC
- HelmsBriscoe Annual Business Conference – May 9-12, Las Vegas, NV
- Connect Spring Marketplace – May 22-24, San Juan, PR
To see what other opportunities there are to partner with Visit San Antonio, please go to our members’ website (www.members.visitsanantonio.com).