Visit San Antonio: Destination Sales & Experience, May 2021
This month the team hosted virtual client engagement events:
- CINCO Sales Mission– The D.C. Sales Team, in partnership with our hotel and venue partners, hosted two fun virtual Cinco de Mayo-themed events May 5 presented from the Lonesome Dove Room at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Customers enjoyed live chef demonstrations of homemade queso and Paloma margaritas followed by Cinco de Mayo Trivia and a round of CINCO Bingo. More than 100 customers from the Washington, D.C., area participated.
- Wax and Wicks – Citywide customers were treated to a virtual candle-making experience from local artisan Capistrano Soap Company. Clients learned the history of how this family-owned business has passed down heirloom soap and body care recipes to generations of San Antonians.
Coming June Citywide Groups:
- National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation | CFC Forum 2021 | June 11-16, 2021 | 1,200 Peak | 800 Attendance
- Association of Water Board Directors Texas | 2021 Annual Summer Meeting | June 14-19, 2021 | 1,500 Peak | 2,400 Attendance
- Texas Association of School Boards | 2021 Summer Leadership Institute | June 16-19, 2021 | 2,250 Peak | 2,250 Attendance
- ACCESS Intelligence | Site visit May 9-11, 2021 | Definite for San Antonio October 16-21, 2021 | 600 Peak | 4,000 Attendance
- Texas High School Coaches Association (THSCA) | Site Visit May 11, 2021 | Definite for San Antonio July 18-20, 2021 | 2,700 Peak | 12,000 Attendees
- Athletic Business Show | Site Visit May 16-19, 2021 | Definite for San Antonio October 28-29, 2021 | 1500 Peak | 1500 Attendance
- Church of God | 2022 International General Assembly | Site Visit May 20-22, 2021 | Definite for San Antonio July 24-30, 2022 | 2,500 Peak | 15,000 Attendees
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – 2021 NACFC | Site visit May 24-21, 2021 | Definite for San Antonio September 29-October 2, 2021 | 2,300 Peak | 4,400 Attendance
The Destination Group Sales Division confirmed 25 events worth 51,053 total room nights in April. The production that month is the highest number of events booked in a month since the pandemic started and is the second-highest room night production as well. Our lead volume also reached its highest point since March of last year. These are all positive trends that we anticipate will continue. The production includes two large rebookings that we are very excited to have return. Foursquare Church will be returning to San Antonio in May 2026, with more than 8,000 total room nights, and MGMA has also confirmed for September 2026, bringing with them 9,400 total room nights.
In May, we will be attending our first in-person industry event of 2021. The Smart Meetings 3-Day Experience is located in Fort Worth. There we will have three days of networking and educational opportunities; however, the event’s focus is the one-on-one pre-scheduled customer appointments.
In June, we have several industry events that we will be participating in, including our annual Fiesta FAM Trip, MPI-WEC in Las Vegas and HelmsBriscoe’s Annual Business Conference in Dallas. To see what other opportunities there are to partner with Visit San Antonio, please go to our partners’ website (members.visitsanantonio.com).