Visit San Antonio: Destination Sales & Experience, June 2021
June Groups Recap:
We welcomed several meetings and conventions into the Alamo City including four citywide groups that convened at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Over 15,800 attendees helped to fill hotels, restaurants and attractions this month with nearly 27,500 total room nights associated to these groups occupied. Our summer months will be heating up even more with a full convention calendar.
Upcoming July Citywide Groups:
- Texas Restaurant Association | 2021 Marketplace | July 7-13, 2021 | 740 Peak | 5,000 Attendance
- Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools | TAPPSCON 2021 | July 8-9, 2021 | 526 Peak | 800 Attendance
- Texas High School Coaches Association (THSCA) | 2021 Annual Coaching School and Convention | July 18-20, 2021 | 3,371 Peak | 11,000 Attendance
- Texas Band Masters (TBA – TCDA – TODA) | 2021 Annual Convention | July 21-25, 2021 | 1,580 Peak | 11,000 Attendance
- Advancing Improvement in Education | TEKSCON 2021 | July 26-29, 2021 | 1,155 Peak | 2,200 Attendance
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) | Annual FBLA Leaders Convention | Site Visit June 20-21, 2021 | Definite for San Antonio June 22-July 2, 2026 | 5,000 Peak | 14,000 Attendance
- International Association of Fairs & Expositions (IAFE) | 2021 Annual Convention & Trade Show | Site Visit June 21, 2021 |Definite for San Antonio November 29 – December 1, 2021 | 2,200 Peak | 5,000 Attendance
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) | 2022 Annual Meeting | Site Visit June 21, 2021 | Definite for San Antonio October 23-27, 2022 | 8,500 Peak | 13,000 Attendance
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA) | 2024 IFMA World Workplace | Site Visit June 21 & June 23, 2021 | Definite for San Antonio October 5-11, 2024 | 2,200 Peak | 2,500 Attendance
- Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM) | 2021 ASCM Convention | Site Visit June 28-30, 2021 | Definite for San Antonio October 24-26, 2021 | 2,200 Peak | 2,500 Attendance
Prior Year Promotion
- Routes America | PYP in Orlando, FL | June 22-25, 2021 | Definite for San Antonio February 15-17, 2022 | 575 Peak | 800 Attendance
The Destination Group Sales Division confirmed 23 events worth 20,375 total room nights in the month of May. The production in May is the second highest number of events booked in a month since the pandemic started. Our lead volume also reached its highest point since March of last year. All positive trends we anticipate continuing.
In May, we attended our first in-person industry event of 2021. We participated in the Smart Meetings 3-Day Experience located in Ft. Worth. There we had 3 days of networking and educational opportunities, as well as focused one-on-one pre-scheduled customer appointments.
In June we have several industry events that we will be participating in, including MPI-WEC in Las Vegas and HelmsBriscoe’s Annual Business Conference in Dallas. However, the largest event Visit San Antonio will be participating in is our annual Fiesta FAM Trip, in which we will 23 high level convention customers, as well as 6 media guests. During this customer event, we will showcase the history and culture of San Antonio through the Fiesta River Parade, dining experiences with curated meal options from local chefs, as well as time spent at our historical sites.
To see what other opportunities there are to partner with Visit San Antonio please go to our partners’ website.