Visit San Antonio: Destination Sales & Experience, July 2022
Convention Leads – 2022 FYTD
Convention Sales Event Production – 2021 YTD
Long-term Convention Pace
Sales Travel/Partnership Opportunities
June 2022 – Visit San Antonio participated in the following events in June:
- IPW – June 4-8, Orlando, FL
- PCMA EduCon – June 5-8, New Orleans, LA
- ConferenceDirect APM – June 12-16, San Francisco, CA
- Association Forum’s Forum Forward – June 21, Chicago, IL
- MPI WEC – June 21-23, San Francisco, CA
- Association Forum’s Honor Gala – June 23, Chicago, IL
July 2022 – the Sales Team participated in the following events in July:
- Destination International Annual Convention – July 19-21, Toronto, Canada
To see what other opportunities there are to partner with Visit San Antonio, please go to our members’ website (www.members.visitsanantonio.com).
July Group Recap:
This month Destination Experience Team provided support to eighteen (18) meeting/convention groups and ten (10) small meetings/events convening in San Antonio that represented over 45,600+ attendees and over 51,260 total room nights. The estimated economic impact of these groups was approximately $52 million. The Destination Experience Managers coordinated and led eight (8) planning site visits during the month for groups who will meet in San Antonio between 2022 and 2023.
Upcoming August Citywide Groups (1,000+ Peak):
- The Avon Company (August 5-7)
- American Petroleum Institute (August 6-12)
- Texas Nursery & Landscaping Association (August 10-12)
- International Association of Fire Chiefs (August 24-26)
In 1933, the First Texas High School Coaching School was held at the Sheraton Gunther in San Antonio with 65 coaches in attendance. Now in 2022, Texas High School Coaching School will celebrate its 90th convention back in San Antonio with another record-breaking year of 17,000+ coaches enjoying our downtown and surrounding area. In 2021, THSCA broke historical attendance records with over 13,000 coaches. We look forward to welcoming them back to San Antonio in 2024 and 2025!