Visit San Antonio: Destination Sales & Experience, February 2021
The team was sure to share the love with our clients in February in honor of Valentine’s Day. Themed cookie packages were mailed out to our top 100 clients for 2021 definite citywide meetings and new business opportunity clients. The package included a unique QR code on one of the cookies that instructed clients to “scan me.” The link took them to a video message curated with love from “Deep in the Heart.” Click here to view this special message.
Coming March Groups:
We look forward to welcoming the following city-wide groups next month:
- 2021 NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Tournament | Definite for San Antonio March 16 – April 4, 2021 | 2,500 Peak | 6,000-13,000 Attendance
- Boys and Girls UIL Basketball State Championships | Definite March 10-13, 2021 | 1,000(G)/2,000(B) Peak | 6,000(G)/12,000(B) Attendance
- Feb. 2-4 | R&DA | Definite for San Antonio April 29-May 7, 2021| 200 Peak | 275 Attendance
- Feb. 9 | Cystic Fibrosis Foundation | Definite for San Antonio September 29 – October 2, 2021 | 3,500 Peak | 4,400 Attendance
- Feb. 10 | Texas Dental Association | Definite for San Antonio May 4-8, 2021| 5,000 Peak | 12,500 Attendance
- Feb. 22-25 | 2021 NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Tournament | Definite for San Antonio March 16 – April 4, 2021 | 2,500 Peak | 6,000-13,000 Attendance
Attendance Building – Prior Year Promotion:
American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) held the 2021 meeting virtually this year. As they prepare for a meeting in San Antonio in 2022, we hosted a fun virtual prior-year promotion experience for their online attendees to get them excited for next year that included a guided history tour of our city, mariachi song engagement and Caliente Glass demo with a question-and-answer session with the artist. APTA will convene in the Alamo City from Feb. 2-5, 2022.
Convention Sales Production:
- January production – 10 bookings worth 13,374 room nights
- January Lead Production
- 78 Leads worth 188,487 total room nights
- Citywide Cancellations:
- 83 groups, representing more than 543,904 total room nights and 619,650 attendees. Lost economic impact of $343,366,807.