Visit San Antonio: Destination Sales & Experience, August 2021
During August, the Destination Experience Team provided support to 15 small group meetings/events and eight large conventions convening in San Antonio with a representation of 16,650 attendees accumulating more than 26,300 total room nights. The Destination Experience managers coordinated and led six planning site visits during the month for groups that will meet in San Antonio between 2021 and 2022.
Coming September Large Groups (500+ Peak):
- San Japan | 2021 Anime Convention | September 3-6, 2021 | Peak: 1,200 | Attendance: 10,000
- Sport Clips | 2021 National Huddle Conference | September 12-14, 2021 | Peak: 1,204 | Attendance: 3,000
- BWI Companies | 2021 BWI EXPO | September 17-22, 2021 | Peak: 1,225 | Attendance: 2,000
- Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development | 2021 Annual Meeting | September 19-21, 2021 | Peak: 848 | Attendance: 700
- Phil Waldrep Ministries | 2021 Women of Joy | Peak: 835 | Attendance: 3,300
- Southwest Veterinary Symposium | 2021 Annual Conference | Peak: 1,500 | Attendance: 4,800
Visit San Antonio hosted our annual National Celebrate Services Breakfast on Aug. 4 in support of Event Service Professional Association’s (ESPA) National Celebrate Services Week (Aug. 2-6). This year’s celebration featured local personality and radio icon Sonny Melendrez as the keynote speaker. Sonny delivered a motivational presentation on how to exceed service expectations post-COVID while managing more with less. The gathering also gave us an opportunity to host a CSR project to collect school supplies for Communities in School San Antonio (CIS-SA). This local non-profit is a school-based program designed to provide services to students and their families. It provides services in more than 85 schools and 12 school districts in and around Bexar County. Its unique model positions site coordinators inside schools to assess students’ needs and provide resources to help them succeed in the classroom and in life. It partners with local businesses, social service agencies, health care providers and volunteers. Whether it’s food, school supplies, health care, counseling, academic assistance or a positive role model, CIS-SA is there to help. This year’s event recognized all of our outstanding service professionals in our city who have been impacted by the pandemic and continue to go above and beyond to help rebuild the meetings and events industry.
Convention Leads – 2021 YTD
Convention Sales Event Production – 2021 YTD
Long-term Convention Pace
Sales Travel/Partnership Opportunities
To see what other opportunities there are to partner with Visit San Antonio please go to our partners’ website.